[Video interview of current graduate in this programme]
Return to our graduate programmes
About this programme:
Established in 2016, this is the newest stream to our Graduate Programmes. It offers exciting opportunities for graduates to experience a broad range of different environments within both the central and sector Business Technology teams, including Project Management, Account Management, Infrastructure and Service Management.
The programme is 24 months in length, and will include 2 x 12 month placements. You will benefit from working within a variety of business sectors which will include working with some of DHL’s high profile customers in our Consumer & Life Sciences, Retail, Automotive, Specialist Services & Transport, Engineering, Energy & Chemical sectors.
You will be provided with support towards a professional qualification in your second year – either ITL or APM. Our graduates are empowered to take the initiative, actively get involved in different activities and achieve high impact results that really make a different to our business, customers and the environment. During the programme, you will undertake a variety of roles and be involved in a range of different IT projects which you will support and manage.
You will experience working within fast paced environments and receive regular performance feedback and personal development planning, including support from a senior mentor from with the Business Technology community.
24 months - to include 2 placements, lasting 12 months each
£26k per annum- includes regular salary reviews
What type of person is suited for this role:
- You must have a 2:1 or above degree classification (predicted or obtained at the time of application) in a business-related subject (strong focus on commerciality and customer centricity is essential)
- Our placements do not require a highly technical background in computer programming or computer science, but someone with an interest in Project Management and implementation of our technology solutions
- We are looking for candidates who have an interest in change management and people behaviour around technology solutions
- If you have work experience in a business environment (technology) it would be an advantage, however it is not essential – i.e. placement year or summer experience
- Strong interest and motivation to start and develop a career within the Logistics and Supply Chain industry in the UK market
- Passion for providing an excellent service to our customers, with innovative ideas and practical solutions
- Fully mobile to travel within the UK (graduates will be required to relocate for their placements whilst on the programme)
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence at the start of the programme
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the programme
- Strong numerical, analytical and IT skills (Microsoft Excel)
- Must be fluent in English
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the programme
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
- Confident communicator – able to tailor communication style according to the audience
Please note – technical knowledge/experience is not essential as successful candidates will receive training in the technology solutions we are working on. If you desire a career within a computer programming type of environment, our roles will not be able to fulfil this for you
When does the programme start:
Our next intake starts September 2017
When can you apply for the role:
Applications for 2017 are now closed. We re-open for 2018 applicants in September.