Our placements are based all over the country, and range from being a Team Leader in a warehouse, developing your people management skills, to working in the transport office as a Transport Planner, to working on a project to improve a process. All of our placements are hands-on, designed to develop your work related skills, and the opportunity to develop as a person.
As well as the challenging ‘on the job’ training you will get during your placement, you will also be supported by attending some management skills workshops, to develop your team work and leadership skills, together with communication and project management. You will also have the opportunity to work on a group social project, where you will have the chance to really make a difference to a community in which we work.
£17k per annum
What type of person is suited for the role:
- This programme is for undergraduates studying a recognised sandwich degree at University – your industrial placement must be recognised or supported by your University
- A business-related, supply chain, logistics, or geography related degree would give you a head start, and you must be on track to achieving a 2:1 or above
- Someone who has a real passion and interest in wanting to work in the Supply Chain & Logistics industry
- Is self-motivated and proactive – wants to get stuck in and is willing to take on responsibility from day one
- Willing to relocate in the UK for the duration of the placement
- Must be willing to work shifts – including weekends
- Eligible to work and live unrestrictedly in theUK for the duration of the placement
- Holds a valid UK driving licence and has the means to get to work on a daily basis (public transport is not always readily available near our locations)
When does the programme start:
Summer 2017 (usually in July & August)
When can you apply for the role:
Applications for 2017 are now closed. We re-open for 2018 applicants in October.
Abby Cotton completed the industrial placement programme and is now preparing to begin the graduate programme in September 2016. To read her full interview click here.
David McNicholas has completed the industrial placement programme and the graduate programme, he is now a Contract Manager for DHL. To read his full interview click here.