UK Supply Chain & Logistics Programme
Programme Starts: September 2018
Salary: £26,000 per annum + competitive benefits package
About this programme:
Supply Chain & Logistics is all about what goes on within our warehousing and transport environments - otherwise known as the front line of the DHL business.
Supply Chain & Logistics Graduates experience a range of structured placements across a variety of customer contracts and locations within the UK, which might include working with customers in our Consumer & Life Sciences, Retail, Automotive, Specialist Services and Transport Engineering, Energy & Chemicals sectors. Most of the learning occurs on the job, when graduates are faced with real life daily challenges and responsibility; however, we also supplement this experience with formal management skills development training.
Our graduates are empowered to take initiative, actively get involved in different teams and achieve high impact results that really make a difference to our business, customers and the environment. A diverse range of career and development opportunities will help ensure you achieve your career and personal goals.
What the programme looks like:
- 24 month structured programme
- Based in a warehouse / transport departments / functional operational roles, learning about different areas of the operation
- Early responsibility and fast progression
- Experience of working within fast paced sites and environments
- A framework of personal development modules focusing on managerial skills
- Regular performance feedback and personal development planning
- All placements are within our UK business
- 2:2 or above degree classification (predicted or obtained at the time of application) in any discipline.
- Passion and motivation to start and develop a career within the logistics/supply chain industry in the UK market
- Flexible in approach to working styles, shifts, and roles.
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates will be required to relocate for their placements whilst on the programme)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license at the start of the programme
- Eligibility to work in the UK for the full duration of the programme
- Must be fluent in English
- Confident communicator- able to tailor communication style according to the audience
- Enthusiastic and open-minded in getting the most out of the programme
- Sensitive to diverse working teams and environments
What will you get in return?
As part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers and retail discounts. You will also receive an annual salary review and be included in our annual bonus scheme.
In return for your hard work we offer excellent career progression opportunities upon successful completion of the programme and a professional environment where you can acquire, use and continue developing your skills.
We want our graduates to build their careers with us upon successful completion of the programme; contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business; and give them the opportunity to be a part of an organisation that makes a contribution to society as well as to the world of logistics.