THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Like many companies, DHL has a specially designed graduate recruitment process to select the most suitable candidates for its programmes. We believe that all stages of our recruitment activities are a two way process; for us to see whether candidates are suitable for roles they have applied for and also for the candidate to understand whether DHL is the right organisation for them!
Stage 1: Application
Once you have decided which programme to apply for you will need to complete an online application. You will be asked to enter personal details, together with qualifications and work experience. You will also be asked some specific questions relating to the minimum criteria for the programme so please ensure you meet these before applying. You will need to provide proof of these at a later stage so please answer honestly.
- Your online application will be reviewed by our Graduate Resourcing Advisor within 5 working days of it being submitted and you will receive an email response from us.Please answer the pre – application questions honestly before filling in your online application. If you have a query about any of the questions, please check the website first to search for the answer. If you are still not sure, then email the Graduate Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be required to answer two competency questions around your motivations for applying to the programme, these answers are then reviewed by our Graduate Resourcing Advisor. We are looking for people who demonstrate their passion for wanting to start their career within a Logistics and Supply Chain business. We are not expecting to see an essay but we do expect to see examples of skills that you have demonstrated in the past that you feel would add value.
- Check the progress of your application by logging into our system once you have submitted your application. Before sending an email to the graduate team we encourage you to check the status of your application first.
Stage 2: Online Testing
If you have passed the application stage, you will be progressed to online testing where you will complete the following:
- Situational Judgement Test (SJT) – This assessment is designed to assess how you would handle situations that you would encounter in the role you are applying for. It has been developed as a bespoke tool for DHL and is based on real life situations which our graduates have experienced.
- Online Ability Test – you will be asked to complete an ability test which is relevant to the programme you have applied for.
- Occupational Personality Questionnaire (OPQ) – this assesses your personal behavioural preferences, that is, how you like to work. With this type of assessment, there are no right or wrong answers.
- We have the following practice tests available for you to try before you submit your application:
Copy and Paste the link in to your browser and follow the on screen instructions. You will not get a score from this test. Please do not confuse this test with the official assessment you will be sent as part of the selection process!
Stage 3: Video Interviewing
If you pass the above online testing, you will then be invited to complete a video interview. The purpose of the video interview is for us understand your motivations for working for us at DHL. It also gives us the opportunity to find out more about you and your experience.
Please don’t worry if you have not completed a video interview before, please visit our ‘Video Interviewing’ tab for further guidance and support.
Stage 4: Assessment Centre
Following the video interview, if you are successful, the final stage of the process is the assessment centre. Preparation is key but it is also important that you are yourself and show us who you really are! We will provide you in advance the details of what to expect but in the meantime, visit our ‘Assessment Centre Guidelines’ tab for further information.
We wish you the best of luck and to begin the process, please Apply Here