With a global network in over 220 countries and territories across the globe and a workforce exceeding 340,000 employees, DHL is the most international company in the world, and can offer solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics company Deutsche Post DHL Group, and encompasses the business units DHL Express, DHL Parcel, DHL eCommerce, DHL Global Forwarding, and DHL Supply Chain.
For more information, please visit our main website: http://www.dhl.com/en/about_us.html
Bold ambitions are embedded in the vision for DHL, which is to become ‘The Logistics Company for the World.’ The mission statement is DHL’s promise to its key stakeholders, in terms of what it will offer and how it will conduct its business. The customer proposition is clearly focused on providing simple and scalable solutions, adapted for different business sectors. Our company culture will be built on a bedrock of “Respect and Results”.
- We want to make our customers, employees and investors more successful
- We always demonstrate respect without compromising on results
- We simplify our customers’ lives
- We want to make a positive contribution to our world
These principles form the best foundation for becoming a high-performing company: a provider, employer and investment of choice.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
As we continue to expand our service across the globe, we also strive to increase the benefits we deliver to the communities in which we operate. This effort is matched with a commitment to reducing the environmental costs of our operations.
Environmental Management and Sustainability are at the core of what we do. Our customers are increasingly expecting greener supply chain solutions and within the logistics industry we were pioneers in setting quantifiable carbon efficiency targets. Our target: a 30% reduction by 2020. Our DHL environmental programme – GoGreen – supports the achievement of our environmental targets by focusing on three key areas:
1. Measurement of our carbon footprint to be transparent on our impacts and to understand our progress towards targets.
2. Management of our environmental impacts by building a foundation of environmental management according to the principles of ISO 14001.
3. Improving our carbon efficiency and reducing our environmental impacts through rollout of key environment programmes in the areas of energy efficiency, transport, waste management and employee engagement.
Deutsche Post DHL set itself the goal of minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment. To achieve that goal, we launched the GoGreen programme, a Group-wide environmental protection initiative that focuses on achieving a specific climate protection objective: improving our CO2 efficiency by 30% by 2020, compared with the base year of 2007. This goal makes us the forerunner in the logistics industry.
With its GoTeach programme Deutsche Post DHL engages in education and educational equality in the world. The aim of the programme is the promotion and development of initiatives empowering children and youth to become contributing members of society.